Ikigai Law seeks a lawyer to join its public policy practice. This is a full-time position, based in New Delhi, India. The ideal candidate will be familiar with, and interested in working on technology law/policy, in areas such as data governance and privacy; fin-tech; health-tech; online content regulation; unmanned aviation; platform governance; intermediary liability; cloud computing; e-commerce; e-mobility; blockchain; and artificial intelligence, among others. S/he will be excellent at research and will have the ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally, and in writing. S/he will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Associate-Policy will work closely with the policy team on matters of technology law/policy. S/he will assist the team with research and drafting client advisory memoranda, research notes, position papers, legal opinions, and comments to government policies/legislation, among others. S/he will monitor and analyze relevant law/policy issues and developments in India. S/he will report to the Public Policy Lead, and to the Founder/CEO.
- A bachelor’s degree in law;
- 1 year of work experience; but more recent graduates are also welcome to apply;
- Excellent research skills;
- The ability to communicate clearly in English, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with technology law/policy;
- >1 year of work experience.
Remuneration will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Application Procedure and Timelines:
- To apply for this position, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Associate-Policy”. Please include the following documents:
- A one-page resume;
- A cover letter, not more than 500 words long, detailing why you are a good fit for the position;
- Two recent samples of your writing, preferably on any of the areas listed above.
- Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the Head- Operations and H.R., the Public Policy Lead, and the Founder/CEO. Interviews may be conducted in-person, or via telephone/video calling. Short-listed candidates may also be asked to complete a short research and writing assignment.
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.